ΤΟΥΛΑΧΙΣΤΟΝ ΟΙ ΕΒΡΑΙΟΙ ΞΕΡΟΥΝ ΙΣΤΟΡΙΑ….!
World Union of Jewish Students Recognize the Assyrian, Greek, Armenian Genocide
“We thank Ariel Zohar and his colleagues at the World Union of Jewish Students Congress for passing a motion that does not only recognise the genocide committed against the Armenians, Greeks and Assyrians of the Ottoman Empire, it also ‘condemns’ and ‘rejects’ any ‘attempt to deny, distort, or ignore the historical reality of this genocide’,” Kayserian said.
- That between 1915 and 1923 millions of Armenians, Pontian Greeks and Assyrians were murdered at the hands of the Ottoman Caliphate.
- The tragic crime was undisputedly carried out with the genocidal intention of eliminating these Christian communities. This was a premeditated and systematic execution of an estimated 2-3 million civilians; not a legitimate act of war.
This Congress believes…
- That it is incumbent upon us as a Jewish organisation to fight all forms of racism.
This Congress resolves…
- To condemn and reject any attempt to deny, distort, or ignore the historical reality of this genocide.
- To recognise the importance of remembering and learning from this genocide, and to join the Armenian, Pontian Greek and Assyrian communities in honouring the innocent people who fell victim to this crime.
On his Facebook page, Zohar wrote: “Jewish students have a long proud history of perusing on the forefronts of social justice. Today is another important milestone in our activism history.”